|Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA||March 2014|
Masters of Library and Information Science, Competitive Intelligence and Knowledge Management
GPA: 3.91, Summa Cum Laude
|Temple University, Philadelphia, PA||December 2011|
Bachelor of Arts, English; Minor in Information Systems and Technology
GPA: 3.91, Summa Cum Laude
|Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA||September 2017 – Current|
Assessment and Outreach Librarian
- Provides library instruction for departments in the social sciences.
- Leads outreach and assessment initiatives.
- Provides reference in-person and via phone and email.
|DeSales University, Center Valley, PA||September 2015 – August 2017|
Public Services and Serials Librarian
- Provides library instruction for English composition, post-traditional professional classes, and MBA program.
- Manages serials collection and Evening Circulation Supervisor.
- Works closely with Distance Education and Instructional Technology Department to implement library resources at point-of-need and identify and test new instructional technology.
- Spearheaded implementation of Springshare’s LibWizard and LTI tools.
- Works closely with Library Director on strategic assessment initiatives.
- Provides reference in-person and via phone, email, and virtual reference chat.
|Fox Rothschild LLP, Philadelphia, PA||September 2014-August 2015|
Library Services Coordinator
- Solely responsible for cataloging and serial control and distribution.
- Assisted in collection development.
- Sole manager of distribution of materials and filing staff.
- Served over 600 attorneys and firm staff by providing timely acquisition and instruction on library resources.
- Assisted Library Director and Chief Knowledge Officer in development and management of Sharepoint intranets and Linex, an awareness management tool.
|Temple Villas LLC, Philadelphia, PA||January 2011-June 2014|
Customer Representative and Executive Assistant
- Promoted December 2013 to manage all customer communication, project development, and records.
- Provided advice and guidance to hired accountants and managers for fluid organizational growth.
Clerical Accountant and Administrative Assistant
- Set up the company’s online QuickBooks and PropertyWare accounts.
- Responsible for management of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable via QuickBooks application.
- Responsible for organization of real estate records, including permits, surveys, floor plans, etc.
- Assisted company’s owner in his endeavors and goals.
|Temple University’s Samuel Paley Library, Philadelphia, PA||June 2010 – August 2010|
Undergraduate Reference Intern
- Accepted as Temple Library’s first undergraduate reference intern.
- Developed research guides for library patron use and assisted in collection development.
- Managed Twitter account and promoted positive public relations.
- Increased knowledge of library databases, collection development, and gained skill in answering reference questions.
Mastery in Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems, QuickBooks, PropertyWare, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Access, and Publisher), and Springshare applications. Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Swift Publisher, HTML, CSS, Oracle, SQL, Linex, EOS, Innovative Millennium.
Served as Team Leader for DeSales University’s Assessment in Action project (ACRL, 2015-2016), Planning team member for development of a Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges information literacy learning community (2016-current), President Elect of the Delaware Valley Chapter of ACRL (2017-2020), Adjunct professor of Web Page Design (Spring 2017); Doctor of Nursing Practice dissertation reader (2017); Frequent contributor to Librarian Design Share; Blogging at missjessmlis.bergbuilds.domains.
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
Denke, J. (2017, November). Source cards for critical consumption of information: Active learning for digital natives. Presented at the ACRL Delaware Valley Chapter Fall Program, Philadelphia, PA.
Denke, J. (2017, May). Embedding information literacy in an online environment: Integrating information literacy in the classroom. Presented at the LVAIC Information Literacy Symposium, Bethlehem, PA.
Denke, J & Hagan, E. (2017, May). Transforming the research paper one step at a time: Scaffolding learning outcomes and assessment. Presented at the LVAIC Conference on Serving Adult Learners, Center Valley, PA.
Burkhardt, J., & Malone, D. (2016, June). TV or not TV: Assessing student learning of searching as strategic exploration, video tutorial vs. traditional instruction. Peer-reviewed poster session presented at the ALA National Conference, Orlando, FL.
Denke, J. (2017). Ruminating on metadata: Deconstructed database with Twitter feed and fluid comparison. In R. Pun & M. Houlihan, (Eds.), The First-Year Library Cookbook. Chicago, IL: ACRL Publications.
Recipient of an ACRL Early-career Librarian Scholarship to attend the 2017 conference in Baltimore.